[GTALUG] Security cams question

Scott Sullivan scott at revident.net
Sat Feb 9 11:21:32 EST 2019

On 2/9/19 8:25 AM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I am looking into using a security cam to observe animal behavior in an area.
>
> So I would like to use a camera that is IR capable to 30 m but what
> I'm not finding is anything that I can run on Linux - - - just M$ is
> listed.
>
> Has anyone out there played with security cams that might be able to help?
>
> TIA
>
> Dee

You've not given us a lot of information to work with, and I see folks
are making a lot of educated guesses to try and help you. Could you help
us by adding some additional information?

What's your budget?

What is some example software / hardware you've looked at (links please)?

What kind of data do you expect to have at the end?

Video, time lapse photos, other?

Do you want this recording all the time, or just on motion detection?

--
Scott Sullivan