[GTALUG] video: Benno Rice on "The Tragedy of systed"

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Feb 8 11:40:55 EST 2019

| From: David Thornton via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| That link did not work.

I wonder why.

URLs copied from a browser can have mysterious problems.  Or give up
personal information.  Long ones with & or ? in them sometimes can be
edited to remove everything after that character (eg. newegg.ca
links).

I've just discovered a way to ask YouTube for a canonical link:
"share" and then "COPY" (on my desktop Firefox).  Here's the resuslt:

<https://youtu.be/o_AIw9bGogo<

This looks the link I sent, with a substitution.

| > <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_AIw9bGogo>

But this short one could not possibly work with everything after ?
removed.

| A quick google resulted in
|
| https://youtu.be/6AeWu1fZ7bY
|
| Is it the same talk?

No.

He gave the talk first at BSDCan and then a couple of weeks ago at
Linux Conf Australia.  I understand that there was considerable
revision.