[GTALUG] Rust intro

Tom Low-Shang tom at lowshang.com
Mon Dec 30 12:07:52 EST 2019

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 02:05:13AM -0500, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> I don't know anything about General Assembly but they are hosting a
> "Practical Introduction to Rust"
>
> It is given by a Blad Filippov of Mozilla
>
> Preparation:
>
> 	"Bring a laptop with a code editor installed. Bonus points for
> 	installing the Rust toolchain: https://rustup.rs/"
>
> I'm going to go.  I assume that the text editor I use qualifies as a code
> editor.

I'm interested in your thoughts on Rust if you attended the talk.

I'm currently learning Rust the old fashioned hacker way (from books and
other people's code :)). My biggest mistake was trying to use Rust with
SDL2 to display some graphics. My head still hurts from banging it into
a wall called 'lifetimes'.  :)

(Sorry for the topic necromancy. :))

--
Tom Low-Shang