[GTALUG] Stream URL question

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj at sergiodj.net
Sun Dec 29 21:55:50 EST 2019

On Sunday, December 29 2019, Sergio Durigan Junior via talk wrote:

> On Sunday, December 29 2019, Peter King via talk wrote:
>
>> A few weeks ago, JazzFM changed ... something ... and I was no longer able
>> to access the live stream at https://ice66.securenetsystems.net/CJRT.  Now
>> I get an "error -34 [HTTP:401 Unauthorized]" message.  But if I navigate to
>> that webpage, I get a player that I can click on without any credentials,
>> and it plays just find.  Since I use Streamripper 1.64.6 under Arch Linux for
>> time-shifting some of their programming, this is not a workable solution.
>> Anyone know the address of the live stream I can use now?  Google hasn't
>> been any help.  Thanks.
>
> There's a lot of information in the page sources.
>
> The stream URL is https://ice66.securenetsystems.net/CJRT.  You can
> choose the output by appending a "?type=.mp3" or "?type=.flv" (not
> really needed, from what I've seen).

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I reread your message and noticed you mentioned the same URL in it while
describing the problem, which is strange because I was able to use it
without issues.  I'm doing a simple "mpv URL" on a terminal, though.
Maybe the software you're using is trying to do something more than a
simple request?  I don't know Streamripper, but if you are able to
stream using mpv/vlc, then I guess you can try tweaking its
configuration parameters and see what happens...

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36