[GTALUG] [OT] Phishing is no mirage...

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Dec 18 16:51:48 EST 2019

| From: Russell Reiter via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| I agree that many newcomers face significant barriers through a lack of
| understanding of Canada's system of administrative law and the policies
| which underpin it. However, as much we would like to believe law concerns
| itself with vulnerable folks, that is not quite correct

Do you mean "administrative law"?  That too is a technical term.  It
refers to "the body of law that governs the activities of
administrative agencies of government."
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrative_law>

I happened to read this today:
<https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-supreme-court-ruling-could-quell-chaos-surrounding-administrative-law/>

I think that you were talking about law in general.  Administrative
law only matters when you want to challenge government administrative
decisions.