[GTALUG] another unique store gone: Above All Electronic Surplus

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 23:55:01 EST 2019

On 2019-12-16 12:00 a.m., D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:

> I used to love Active.

I know: we met there the last night it was open.

Graham Greene - former store manager at Active Surplus - now runs The
Gorilla Store out of the Science Centre. They sell select surplus from
that location, and a tiny location inside Steam Labs/Tool Library on
Spadina. I understand that Graham has custody of Professor Banana, aka
the gorilla.

If you can make it out to Kitchener, K-W Surplus is full of bizarre
stuff (look for the Spitfire on the roof, and the tank parked in the
parking lot). Their sister store Forest City Surplus in London is not
bad either.

cheers,
  Stewart