[GTALUG] Samsung router?

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Wed Aug 28 16:19:27 EDT 2019

On 2019-08-28 04:03 PM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> I presently have a 16 port unmanaged switch and there's not a lot of open ports
> - - - - so I would like 20 or 24 if possible - - - that to me is one
> switch (with a lot
> of ports). I'm finding precious little on the web for information and
> trying to learn
> things by reading sales literature is - - - - frustrating!

A quick glance at Canada Computers reveals a D-Link 24 port managed
switch for $220.
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_1045_349&item_id=061204

Might this be what you want?

BTW, avoid TP-Link switches.  Some models don't handle VLANs properly.

I just noticed CC has really dumbed down their selection process.
Previously you could specify how many ports you were looking for,
managed/unmanaged etc..  Now you have to sort through a huge pile of
other stuff, to find what you want.