[GTALUG] Samsung router?

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Wed Aug 28 15:41:44 EDT 2019

On 2019-08-28 03:30 PM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> Hopefully this isn't considered a thread hijacking - - - but - - - -
> is there any linux software for running a managed switch?

Are you talking about one switch or several?  There is some software,
IIRC, for managing networks, including SNMP on Linux.  Beyond that, most
managed switches can use a browser for managing them.  I own 2 switches,
one Cisco and one TP-Link that use browsers.  However, some of the
bigger Cisco switches, routers, etc. are command line only, such as a
Cisco 2600 series router I own.  Several years ago, I used to work with
Adtran gear and it always had a browser interface, though could also use
a command line, with commands very similar to Cisco (Adtran's AOS was
pretty much a clone of Cisco's IOS).