[GTALUG] For Chris: Commodore BASIC as a scripting language

Howard Gibson hgibson at eol.ca
Sun Aug 25 11:56:00 EDT 2019

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 09:52:39 -0400
Scott Allen via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 at 09:30, Dave Collier-Brown via talk
> <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> > Many of the very small devices are programmed in cross-compiled C.
>
> Or C++

Scott,

   Arduino boards are programmed in C++.

   C++ is an object oriented language.  Arduino boards are used to
execute simple procedures that don't require the effort of an object
oriented language.  My background here is automating AutoCAD using
AutoLisp.  When I encountered SolidWorks and Visual Basic, I was
horrified.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson at eol.ca