[GTALUG] Linux Kernel Allows 0.0.0.0/8 as a Valid Address Range

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Aug 14 10:28:19 EDT 2019

| From: James Knott via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| https://www.technotification.com/2019/08/linux-kernel-allows-0-0-0-0-8-as-a-valid-address-range.html

I don't know the reason for this.  I'm too lazy to look right now.
But I do trust the proponents that were listed.  Not that I always
agree with them but their motives are generally good.

Dave Taht: main developer of versions of OpenWRT dealing with
"bufferbloat".

Gohn Gilmore: (among other things) co-founder of EFF and founder of
FreeS/WAN project (I was part of that project).

Paul Wouters: Torontonian; head of Libreswan project (I'm part of that
project).