[GTALUG] Linux Kernel Allows 0.0.0.0/8 as a Valid Address Range

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Wed Aug 14 10:07:48 EDT 2019

On 8/14/19 9:56 AM, James Knott via talk wrote:
> On 2019-08-14 09:43 AM, Alvin Starr via talk wrote:
>> I am not sure that there is any grand conspiracy to avoid IPV6 or make
>> bags of cash here.
> I see you're on Teksavvy.  Are you aware they have IPv6?  They've had it
> for years on ADSL, which is how you connect.  They also started
> providing it over cable last year.  Your email came from an IPv4 address.

I am lazy.

I have a bunch of infrastructure that I have and have to support in IPV4
and moving part of it to V6 will involve work on my part.

I tried running up an IPV6 tunnel to Hurricane a few years back before
being on TSI and it borked my firewall/router.

And for whatever reason it seems that all my clients fit into the
category of  "you will have to pry my IPV4 addresses from my cold dead
hands".

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net              ||