[GTALUG] War Story: Asus UX305ca SSD failures

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 11:50:00 EDT 2019

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, 9:38 AM James Knott via talk, <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On 2019-08-05 08:28 AM, Russell Reiter via talk wrote:
> >
> >     From looking at the manual, inverted might be a reference to their
> >     NOR & XOR logic gates.
> >

> No that wasn't it.  I don't recall the details, but it had to do with
> data recovery.  I read about it in a book about IBM's early computers,
> which described the development of their various computers and other
> hardware.

Thanks by adding data recovery as key words to a NZRI info search I got to
this link.

http://pallen.ece.gatech.edu/Academic/ECE_6440/Summer_2003/L200-CDR-I(2UP).pdf

I'm a pictorialy oriented learner. That and my limited math skills make
this sort of presentation doc, with diagrams of logic gates and circuits
and such, very helpful. If not just to get a handle on the correct
terminology when dealing with a concept.