[GTALUG] War Story: Asus UX305ca SSD failures

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 12:28:00 EDT 2019

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 11:15, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> Two years ago one of the m.2 SATA SSDs suddenly stopped working.  If I
> remember correctly, it didn't even show up as a disk.
>
> Last week the same thing happened on the second notebook.

Yikes!  I guess I better see if I have anything on mine I need to backup!

So far the only issue I've had with mine in the power button after I
spilled a drink on it.  I had to replace the keyboard and now I have a
rubber cover over the keyboard (very cheap on AliExpress).