[GTALUG] Ontario Bill 72: "Right to Repair"

Don Tai dontai.canada at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 10:59:00 EDT 2019

A seemingly brand new small convection oven, Delonghi EO1270, made in
China, came my way. Pristine clean and obviously unused, but did not work.
https://www.amazon.ca/DeLonghi-EO1270-6-Slice-Convection-Toaster/dp/B003ZDNKV0

I started taking it apart to troubleshoot. The electronics are on the left
side, while most of carcass is, well, oven.

Lo and behold, the panels covering the electronics are held together by 6
rivets, making it extremely difficult to even get to the electronics. Even
if I drill out the rivets, reassembly would be a problem. I learn a lot
from taking stuff apart. Today I learned to never buy a Delonghi, because
you're probably throwing your money away. From the outside the convection
oven looks nice, but unrepairable. This oven is a waste of natural
resources, and money. Someone got cheated.

Buy better quality, repairable, something that will last a long time.