[GTALUG] Installing Anaconda with Python 3 on 32 bit linux (Ubuntu ver 16.04 )

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 16:31:53 EDT 2019

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:45 AM Jamon Camisso via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On 4/20/19 7:20 AM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> > the issue of having directories that I am unable to remove even using rm -r
> > but there is a very long and definitely not simple technique whereby maybe
> > I will be able to purge my server of said mess.
>
> Will apt-get remove snapd not do the trick? Also I'm curious what data
> you're trying to remove. Any data for snapped packages that I've needed
> to manipulate lives in /var/snap/ and is just plain old data.
>
> Otherwise are you having issues with snaps themselves in /snap ? 'snap
> remove' is all I've ever needed there.

That was the sequence that I used. First snap remove lxd and then apt
remove snapd and apt purge snapd. Looking at the directories there still
were files remaining (machine isn't available right now or I'd give you the
directories). I tried to use rm -r to remove the directories - - - no dice -
- - - wasn't able to remove the directories. I inquired and was given
a 7 or 8 step process that would be needed to remove all of the installed
directories.

To me this escalated the understanding that I wasn't in control of my
system. Some other entity was going to tell me how I was to run my
computer. As I was wanting to use the system for process control
and information storage - - - well - - - that just isn't acceptable to
me that the system would shut itself down because of installed
software demanding updates.

Regards