[GTALUG] Toronto BSP on Saturday, April 27

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj at sergiodj.net
Thu Apr 18 11:36:52 EDT 2019

On Tuesday, April 16 2019, Alex Volkov via talk wrote:

> Hello GTALUGers!
>
> Debian Bug Squashing party is happening in Toronto on Saturday, April
> 27 at 9am the Mozilla Toronto office.
>
> More details on this event are here --
> https://wiki.debian.org/BSP/2019/04/ca/Toronto

Thanks for the email, Alex.

When Samuel and I were talking last year about organizing the BSP, the
first thing that came to my mind was the fact that we don't have a
Debian community here in Toronto/GTA.  For that reason, I'm considering
this as a great opportunity to bootstrap a Debian community of
developers here in the GTA/Ontario, which is something I've been missing
for quite some time.

The Bug Squashing Party will be totally hands-on; we will just have a
quick presentation about Debian packaging and its BTS (Bug Tracking
System), and then we'll sit and hack.  I find it important to say that
because this is not an event with talks and keynotes; it's really an
opportunity for Debian hackers and enthusiasts to get together, fix bugs
and have fun hacking.  For that reason, we strongly recommend that you
bring your computer, network cables, power adapters and power bars, if
you have.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36