[GTALUG] Installing Anaconda with Python 3 on 32 bit linux (Ubuntu ver 16.04 )

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 18:55:24 EDT 2019

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 6:15 PM 90ur1 90ur1 via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> I just downloaded and installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my IBM thinkpad edge .
> And then downloaded and tried to install Anaconda.
> The installer gave me an error that the binary is 64 bit while my
computer is 32 bit.
> So I am trying a 32 bit linux package for Anaconda
> It is not listed on the downloads page.

All installer files are available at https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/

1 - click this link:
https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/install/hashes/lin-3-32/
2 - select the version of Anaconda you want, in my case I selected:
Anaconda3-2018.12-Linux-x86.sh
3 - copy the MD5 for this.. in my case: 4c9922d1547128b866c6b9cf750c03c7
4 - go to the archive : https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/
5 - Press ctrl+F and paste in the MD5 you copied earlier and there you have
your 32bit installer

Good luck - Aruna