[GTALUG] a simple security solution?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Tue Apr 16 12:07:51 EDT 2019

This  though is why the notification aspect is so important.  If the setup
tracks who entres my front door, I am more concerned about who might be
coming in then who is outside, and sends me a notification then I know if
I need have  the images reviewed.   If there is  face recognition, i. e. so
i do not set off the event myself that is a plus, but because I live alone
and   am supposed to be told with 24 hours notice if another needs to be
here, anyone walking through my door without me with them is a possible
problem.
I do not need to see the video myself, just know that video has been
captured of a specific type of  information.  If an event is triggered and
I know of the appointment, again I can skip the notification.
Part of why the raspberry pi idea seemed so appealing  is that  once
configured it does that very thing, without being very large it watches
the area and send me an e-mail, or a voice mail that something has been
captured...then I can do the rest.
Does that make more sense?
at most I am spending a little money gathering the tools and perhaps
paying  a tech for the setup.  In the end though I have a way to know if
anyone is entering my home without permission with pictures for the
authorities.
Kare