[GTALUG] a simple security solution?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Mon Apr 15 15:28:47 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

I do hope to ask this clearly.
what I desire is a method of confirming if someone enters or approaches my
flat without my knowledge.
Ideally there would be a small camera, even a phone just for this role
might work,  with at the absolute best a notification sent via  voice or
e-mail that the feature is active..I hope this makes sense.  Perhaps  it
activates when someone opens my downstairs door, letting me know?  Perhaps
an alarm, perhaps not.
I might also dedicate a laptop to this role, but the most important thing
is that I am notified,  the setup calls my own phone number land line for
example, or sends me an e-mail.  I have no way to get a text message,
unless this  message is spoken.
If I am  not being clear let me know.
Range need not be profoundly large either.
Ideas?
Kare