[GTALUG] war story: fixing a doc bug can be hard

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 11:37:49 EDT 2019

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 9:28 AM Lennart Sorensen via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 04:27:14PM -0400, Stewart C. Russell via talk wrote:
> > Or get two 16x9s, and flip one vertically. It means your desktop looks a
> > bit O_o, but it works.
>
> I have seen dual 16x10 both turned vertically side by side which was
> a great desktop.  Displayport daisy chaining and a very thin bessel on
> the top made them very nice to setup.

Sorry - - - - I went to 4 - 1920 x 1080s.
1 in portrait mode on the left primarily for pdf and text work
3 in landscape mode with 2 stacked in the middle and one on the right.
2 virtual screens stitched together using Xinerama to give a 3940 x
3000 (h x v) setup and yes there is a hole in the display area that
cannot be displayed.
I've been toying with adding a 4k monitor to move this to a larger
area as even with the screen real estate I too often am hampered in
function.

Would suggest at least 2 monitors for any desktop unless you're going
for a 4k and even then I would suggest moving to 2 as well.
You will be surprised how much more you can get done in a period of time!

Regards