[GTALUG] Lenovo ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Fri Sep 21 23:55:58 EDT 2018

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 06:35:42PM -0400, Scott Sullivan via talk wrote:
> The also make a USB only version, which I have two of as daily drivers for
> at home and work.
> https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/accessories-and-monitors/keyboards-and-mice/keyboards/KEYBOARD-US-English/p/0B47190

I bought one for $60 from lenovo.ca, and just got it this morning.
After using it for 1 full day, I found that its $60 price is reasonable.
Think of it as $30 keyboard and $20 mouse, plus $10 premium for
integrating into one package.

    - UPS delivered the package crushed and ripped on one side.  But, I
      don't see any physical damage to the content or missing parts.
      There is only 2 parts: keyboard and micro-USB cable.

    - Key press feels and sounds cheap.  Keyboard on real ThinkPad
      laptop is way better.

    - The keyboard is light, compact, and it flexes.  But, rubber feets
      and risers don't slip.

    - PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN are with inverted-T arrows.  And, HOME, END,
      INSERT, DELETE are located linearly on top row.  I have to look
      down to see where all the keys are.

    - Fn key is left-most key where Ctrl should be.  I'll never get used
      to this.

    - ESC is too small, and I'm a vi-guy.

In conclusion, if you're short of desk space, then it's good option.
It's not for doing real work, at least for me.
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>