[GTALUG] Online Course for Lex/Yacc?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 17 15:35:54 EDT 2018

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 08:54:29AM -0400, Matthew Gordon via talk wrote:
> I'd also recommend against Yacc. As others have said, it's a great tool and
> very powerful but a recursive descent parser will do the job 99% of the
> time and will be much easier. Writing a good unambiguous grammar for Yacc
> can be tricky and is much more difficult to debug than a recursive descent
> parser. A lot of languages now have "parser combinator" libraries which
> make it even easier to write a recursive descent parser. I'd do a google
> search to see if there's one available for your programming language of
> choice.

Language is C; environment is embedded board of consumer/business
printers; and, the nature of work is QA, where I'm trying to introduce
more automation.  So, for C, what parser library would you use?  I take
it, there is difference between "parser generator" and "parse
combinator".
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>