[GTALUG] Anyone here using Manjaro or OpenSUSE?

Charles Philip Chan cpchan at bell.net
Mon Sep 10 14:31:46 EDT 2018

Bill Thanis via talk <talk at gtalug.org> writes:

Hi Bill,

> I would shy away from opensuse. Its really a server implementation
> with a desktop façade. It can be a bit ornery to use sometimes.

Please elaborate. I have been using SuSE/Open SUSE almost exclusively
since 1996 (before that Zip Slack and Redhat). I have flirted with other
distros through the years, but I always come back to OpenSUSE for all my
needs. I don't see where it is lacking in the desktop areas. Although I
use some KDE apps (not the desktop), but according to many reviews,
OpenSUSE has one the best KDE Plasma implementation.

Just curious.

Charles