[GTALUG] Anyone here using Manjaro or OpenSUSE?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sun Sep 9 00:14:50 EDT 2018

Hi all.

I'm looking to install a new distro, after using Mint and Kubuntu for a
long time.
I'm trying to choose whether to try Manjaro or OpenSUSE.

Sure, I can install both and can look around. But I'm wondering is there is
anyone here who uses either of these distros who might be aware of issues
not readily apparent. Intended desktop is KDE.

Note: I want to be able to use Dupeguru, Spotify, Skype and Signal, apps
that under *buntu require auxilliary PPA repositories. Some of these are
dealbreakers if I can't use them.

All answers are appreciated. The system is to be installed on an SSD, if
that makes a difference.

Thanks!
--
Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada