[GTALUG] Any Debian User Groups in the GTA?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Sep 6 13:06:44 EDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 03:36:27PM -0400, Sergio Durigan Junior via talk wrote:
> I don't think I understand your reply.  Perhaps you're not familiar with
> concepts like sprints, or BSPs (Bug Squashing Parties).  I never claimed
> that I was looking to replace the Debian mailing lists.  My intention is
> to foster the development of Debian by gathering people who are
> interested in doing so.  I know a bunch of fellow developers who have
> active communities in their countries, and this is a nice way to spread
> knowledge about the system.

I have heard of them happening.  I have never been able to think of a
reason they would be that useful.  I suppose that is also why they hold
DebConf every year or so.  I had considered going to the one last year
in Montreal, but more important things got in the way unfortunately.

> Anyway, I honestly don't think I need to keep justifying the reasons
> here.  I don't quite understand the "silent opposition" to the idea, but
> then again, GTALUG is a completely different group.

I wasn't opposing it, I just hadn't missed not having such a thing.

--
len Sorensen