[GTALUG] Any Debian User Groups in the GTA?

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 12:02:08 EDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 9:13 AM, Lennart Sorensen via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 04:44:07PM -0400, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>> Funny, it's one of the first things I missed.  But I guess it depends on
>> how you interact with the GTALUG, among other things.
>>
>> Actually, I'd like to make a correction.  I said "User Group", but
>> that's not what I really want/am looking for.  I'm more interested in
>> being part of a group of people willing to contribute to Debian, and who
>> share more of the Free Software view/ideals.
>>
>> But that's fine.  I'm already investing some time in finding people
>> interested in this specific subject, and that's one of the reasons I
>> didn't reply earlier.
>
> Some of us do contribute to Debian.  Usually I find the Debian mailing
> lists much better places to do that kind of thing.  I just don't see
> how a local group would provide any benefit there.

Being one is is in what would seem to be a severe backwater how and/or
where can one access  these 'Debian mailing lists'. I would likely not have
code to contribute but have at times run into some very puzzling problems
where I could have benefited from 'expert' adivce.

Regards

Dee