[GTALUG] Swappiness

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 06:52:22 EDT 2018

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 11:16 PM, Evan Leibovitch via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2018, 10:40 PM John Weintraub, <johnweintraub at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Is your swap equal to twice the amount of RAM? That's the default; I am
>> not sure where you came up with the number "60";
>

> I was referring to this:
>
> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swappiness

Greetings

Article looks interesting except the systemd provisions are attributes and and
are not mentioned. Bottom of  the article indicates a somewhat recent editing
date but with no mention of systemd I have further questions. The article
mentions places to change 'swappiness' and I can find the actual file but there
is nothing in the sysctl.conf (IIRC the name) file re: swappiness. Somehow I
would prefer something that did refer to systemd foibles as well for a guide so
as not to really pooch anything.

I, too, am interested largely because I have lots of ram and wouldn't mind
speed enhancements.

Regards

Dee