[GTALUG] programming system questions

ac ac at main.me
Fri Oct 12 09:53:26 EDT 2018

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 07:38:00 -0500
o1bigtenor via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 6:32 AM Stewart C. Russell via talk
> <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> > If you're storing a large amount of information and doing
> > statistical work on it, you should at least consider learning R.
> > It's very strong for Monte Carlo simulation.
> Thanks - - - already on the order paper.
> > Also, if the web app you're using is public, please share the URL.
> > We don't know your business data, and I don't thinkĀ¹ we're psychic
> > enough to work out what you're doing.
> The web application I'm presently using is a subscription service.
> They do have a demo that would provide most ideas for my quest - - -
> sheepbytes.ca  .
> Thanks for the ideas!

sheepbytes.ca is cool, the local code looks neat and tidy.  I am not
sure about the security thereof. And just imho S/R would not be optimal
to remake this specific java app.. just from playing with the demo and
reading the tech doc, if you do decide to remake this in java/whatever
- it will be a lot of work, even with a fw and/or base. just saying :)

a lot of what sheepmates is and does is also data related...
If I were making this, for myself and for local use, I would probably
enter the formulas into a spreadsheet and calculate my feed
requirements, etc from that...(yes, I am quite lazy - plus this way I
can give my spreadsheet out to my sheep mates and get free beer)

Andre