[GTALUG] programming system questions

ac ac at main.me
Fri Oct 12 01:16:38 EDT 2018

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 19:59:29 -0500
o1bigtenor via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 12:10 PM Jamon Camisso via talk
> <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> > On 11/10/18 12:59, o1bigtenor wrote:
> > > And what does one do when the web is down?
> > A framework like react is built with this in mind - serviceworkers
> > handle offline actions until there's connectivity.
> > I'm sure others let you do the same thing with a local data
> > store/db, be it natively or through a plugin, and then sync up once
> > there's a connection.
> Sorry - - - this may be practical for some web applications but when
> one is doing calculations and changing things every few moments web latency feels
> like a pain and non-connection means the work just doesn't get done. In my
> opinion I would rather never see another web application. That's why
> I have a computer.

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to explain a monte carlo system to me :)

Secondly, you do everything said already and install apache, etc on
your own computer.... you can even have Apache only listening on
localhost, so that you use https://127.0.0.1 - there is still a
'latency'  but using javascript makes this a non issue

Andre