[GTALUG] programming system questions

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:59:29 EDT 2018

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 12:10 PM Jamon Camisso via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On 11/10/18 12:59, o1bigtenor wrote:
> > And what does one do when the web is down?
>
> A framework like react is built with this in mind - serviceworkers
> handle offline actions until there's connectivity.
>
> I'm sure others let you do the same thing with a local data store/db, be
> it natively or through a plugin, and then sync up once there's a connection.

Sorry - - - this may be practical for some web applications but when
one is doing
calculations and changing things every few moments web latency feels
like a pain
and non-connection means the work just doesn't get done. In my opinion I would
rather never see another web application. That's why I have a computer.

Regards

Dee