[GTALUG] programming system questions

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso at utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 11 10:52:44 EDT 2018

On 11/10/18 10:37, David Mason via talk wrote:
> Electron is probably the easiest way to move a web app to an
> application. See:
>     https://electronjs.org/
>
> It uses html, javascript, css and should be able to connect to your
> postgresql database.

slack, what should be a simple text chat built on electron is taking
873044 kb RSS memory on my desktop.

electron should be the last resort - it is probably the worst thing you
could do for your users if you care about resource constraints.

I would question the merit of even moving from a web application. I am
on 400/100kbit DSL in the country, and I don't have any issues with even
large react or ember based web apps.

Cheers, Jamon