[GTALUG] programming system questions

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 08:53:18 EDT 2018

Greetings

I have been using a web application for one of my business functions.
Besides the limitation of it being a web application (the web is NOT
as consistent nor as quick as is considered 'normal' for those that
like in rural areas) there are to many areas where I need to tweak the
results. Therefore I would like to re-create this application.

At its base its somewhat like a recipe system. I plan on using
postgresql for data holding and now what might be a good way of now
doing the work.

Think that an item has from 5 to 50 of 50 information fields. I am
adding a number of items together and specifying quantities of each
item trying to achieve levels that I previously specified.

The present application uses css and javascript and some other things
that are on the 'home' (program owner's) server.

Hopefully this description is clear enough and gives enough
information so that suggestions might be forthcoming. (I asked an
engineer friend and his suggestion was to use a monte carlo type of
system but that would be several levels more complex that I think
might be necessary for this application.)

Regards

Dee