[GTALUG] dh key exchange question.

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Oct 4 11:53:21 EDT 2018

Hi Mike,
In these keys I am logging into a shell.  Dreamhost provides them with
their hosting account.
On their shell for example I have access to alpine for office mail,
several browsers, those sorts of things.
what letting  my key in means is that if the exchange works I can provide
my password for the shell service itself.
You are right, it is a bit of both  because I am told the host key
information, when using the  -v  option at least, and the service is
verifying me as a user.
Does that make more sense?
If one could create screen shots with speech I could illustrate, the
readme file for the program explains it too.
Cheers,
Kare