[GTALUG] dh key exchange question.

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Tue Oct 2 15:32:42 EDT 2018

Hi folks,
The accessible ssh client I use provides a way to send dh keys when I use
ssh TELNET to reach a location.
I have a bell dsl account, and since the first of July I have not been
able to reach dreamhost who hosts my office shell.
While I have not ruled out Bell as the problem, it started  one day when
they claimed to have a service interruption,  and refuse to discuss Linux
at all, I want to see if something else might have happened.
With very few exceptions, every place where I visit involving port 22
presents the same dh key exchange failure.
Was openssh updated on June 29 2018?
Hosting companies who use some  different Linux options for their shell
services, scientific for example, still work.  Shellworld does too, but we
use  a different port for ssh and the administrator  still allows most
public keys.
can anyone provide wisdom here?
Thanks,
Karen