[GTALUG] good deal on netbook; war story: putting Fedora on it

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Nov 30 12:20:33 EST 2018

| From: Lennart Sorensen via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| Well I think the current price on a T580 at $830 is pretty good.
| That's for 8GB ram, 500GB HD (not SSD), 1920x1080 15.6" IPS panel and
| i5-7200U (2.5GHz) CPU.

Looks good.  Where is that?  Is it ending today?  (Not important to me
-- I don't actually need a new computer.  But I'm interested.)

I assume (but don't know) that you could easily add an NVMe SSD to
this.  Aftermarket SSDs are cheap and seem to be getting cheaper.

I kind of thought that T5n0 models would have n'th generation Intel
processors.  I have noticed that there are exceptions, unfortunately.
The i5-8____ series are usually better than the i5-7___
series.  Often twice as many cores.