[GTALUG] good deal on netbook; war story: putting Fedora on it

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Nov 22 18:06:08 EST 2018

| From: Chris Tyler via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

|  I have a Samsung
| Chromebook Plus (gen 1, with the high-dpi screen -- watch out for gen 2
| where they dropped to 1080 (and also regressed from ARM to Intel))

I take it that your model is the XE513C24-K01US.

I was very impressed with how it worked for you during a presentation
at FSOSS last month.  Somehow presentations bring out the worst in
computers but yours worked well.

The resolution seems to be 2400 x 1600 in 12.3".  That's a nicer
aspect ratio than most notebooks.

The disk space seems a bit low for Linux (but generous for ChromeOS):
32G.  I would guess that it is eMMC and not upgradable.

The price here seems quite high: $731.82 on amazon.ca.
walmart.com has it at US$499.  Why are they still selling it if there
is now a V2?