[GTALUG] good deal on netbook; war story: putting Fedora on it

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 21 22:53:12 EST 2018

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 03:51:00PM -0500, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> I recently bought an Acer Spin 1 SP111-31-P95J refurbished netbook.
> <https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_374&item_id=117446>
> So far, I quite like it.
>
> Those are gone but a slightly inferior model is available for a better
> price ($200):
> <https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_374&item_id=120108>

Just curious... Where/how do you use these little computers?  I mean,
$300 here, $200 there, $100 upgrade, $50 ram, $25 microSD, etc. they all
add up.

Right now, I'm looking for a real ThinkPad at $1000 range.  I'm sure
others are also.  So, if you know a deal, let us know.  Yes, I check
Lenovo site everyday. :-)
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>