[GTALUG] hardware available at Eglinton & Wynford (via Seneca)

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 10:29:31 EST 2018

There's some server-ish stuff available from Masterfile - scroll past
the PowerMac-related bits for details. Please contact Lev (details
below) if you want to pick any of it up.

cheers,
 Stewart

--------------------------

Hello Stewart,

We now have eighteen Power Mac G5 machines ready. Details below. Please
spread the word among your contacts.

Our main hope is to find new homes for these beautiful though obsolete
machines, and to keep them out of landfill.

Pay what you can — That said, since Masterfile is struggling
financially, we would not turn down a small payment, maybe $20-$50 per
machine, if anyone feels the machines are worth it. (In the end though,
we have to get rid of them all, even if for free.)

Everything would have to be picked up at Masterfile offices, near
Eglinton & Wynford Drive.

What we have ready now is as follows:

- 4 x Dual 2GHz Power Mac G5 (Late 2005), Model PowerMac11,2

- 2 x Dual 2GHz Power Mac G5 (Mid 2004 or Early 2005), Model PowerMac7,3

- 5 x Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5 (Mid 2004 or Early 2005), Model PowerMac7,3

- 7 x Single 1.8GHz Power Mac G5 (Late 2004), Model PowerMac9,1 & others

There are five more G5 machines which are not yet prepared:

- 2 x Dual 2GHz Power Mac G5 (Late 2005), Model PowerMac11,2

- 3 x Single 1.8GHz Power Mac G5 (Late 2004), Model PowerMac9,1

There’s an assortment of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard install DVDs, old Wacom
tablets, keyboards and mice, of the same vintage, in various conditions.

Product revision history details for the G5:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Mac_G5#Product_revision_history

In addition, there are also even older PowerMac G4 Graphite, QuickSilver
and Mirrored Drive doors models.

As mentioned earlier, also have a bunch more gear which we will be
preparing for disposal in the coming weeks:

- old Dell servers, PowerEdge 2750, 1750, 2850, 2950, etc.
- old Dell flat screen monitors
- old Cisco & 3com switches 100BaseT, maybe some GigE switches
- old Cisco CSS load balancers (two)
- old Dell (ADIC) LTO2 & LTO3 tape libraries
- old EMC & Dell storage systems, e.g. CX500, CX3-20
- old KVMs and APS PDU power bars
- old small Wacom tablets
- old keywords & mice
- Nortel Meridian Option 11 PBX, many handsets, & 2x Polycom conf phones
- (maybe) APS rack mount cabinets
- (maybe) Large APS UPS (server room)

Thank you, Stewart!

Lev