[GTALUG] IBM Acquires Red Hat for $34B | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Wed Nov 7 21:14:24 EST 2018

I used to work on an "datacenter as a service" offering from Sun (now
Snoracle). We made a few cubic yards of dollars from providing
datacenters for the US military to do moderately confidential
processing. Most of the equipment in the buildings, though, were
el-cheapo dells. /They/ took money away in trailer-truck loads.

IBM had and has a similar offering, and similar dell envy.  I suspect
this is a move to make a credible offering in the next few RFPs.

Amazon wants the same thing.

--dave

On 2018-11-07 10:59 a.m., D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote)