[GTALUG] Can't boot using Xorg, only Wayland works on Ubuntu 18.04

Jim Ruxton jim.ruxton at gmail.com
Thu May 24 23:07:18 EDT 2018

>> Have you tried a second monitor by any chance to see if that is working
>> for you?
> Yes, it does. It's using the Nouveau open source driver, which — while a
> little slower than the Nvidia proprietary driver — also runs a lot
> cooler. This is on a ~2013 vintage Samsung i7 quad core laptop which
> tends to run hot.

Thanks Stewart. I posted something on the Nvidia Developer  Forum and am
working there with someone to get this working correctly. Hopefully
something will come of it but it sounds like Ubuntu will have to release
a patch. Here is the link
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1035768/linux/ubuntu-18-04-can-t-see-second-monitor/post/5261848/?offset=5#5262060