[GTALUG] GTALug Lightning Talk, possible topic: Tracking Bots on your web site

Don Tai dontai.canada at gmail.com
Mon May 21 13:01:00 EDT 2018

Hi Mylees,
    I was thinking it would be interesting to talk about internet bots and
how they can affect your web site. It is a very wide topic, but I can
summarize down to a short talk for any/all these items:
-web traffic, what is a bot, good and bad bots
-tracking bot activity on your site: using your raw access log
-identifying a bot: tracking down their origins/owners
-good vs bad bot activity
-humans vs bot behaviour
-banning them from your site

I have done some of this talk before for a Wordpress Toronto group:
https://wptoronto.com/2016/10/fighting-spam-wordpress/

What do you think?

Don.