[GTALUG] Notepad drops carrage return bits.

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Wed May 9 09:11:49 EDT 2018

On 09/05/18 07:51 AM, Russell via talk wrote:
> The article described the move as a step backwards. Best quote from the comments.
>
> "On a mechanical typewriter when you pull the lever you get an LF first then a CR. So Windows is already backwards."
>
> https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/05/notepad-gets-a-major-upgrade-now-does-unix-line-endings/

If I remember correctly from the 11-780 days, when I hit return the
cursor went to the left edge of the stream, and when the shell finished
launching the command I'd typed, it went to the next line.

When it was slow, you knew that it was taking time loading. For example,
if you just told it to load emacs (;-))

--dave