[GTALUG] desktop comfort [was Re: Upgraded to Beaver and Command Line Says 'command not found']

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 4 15:01:38 EDT 2018

On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 12:54:04PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> Why?
>
> (This isn't a challenge -- I'm hoping to learn something that I can
> adopt from the answer.)

Well to me Gnome 3 is simply unusable (Ranks about the same as Windows
8 to me).  Nothing is where it should be, things are too hard to find,
take too many clicks.  Just bad overall UI design.  Too many things were
missing in the first releases with promises of "Oh we will add that back
later" for stuff that was essential base functionality that should never
have been left out of the first alpha release.  The "we know better than
the users" attitude of the developers certainly did nothing to encourage
giving it any more looks ever again.

--
Len Sorensen