[GTALUG] Upgraded to Beaver and Command Line Says 'command not found'

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed May 2 15:39:29 EDT 2018

On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 03:07:40PM -0400, Stephen via talk wrote:
> The program I wish to run is mediatomb
>
> The file is in /etc/init.d/
>
> Samba started fine.
>
> Apache did not.
>
> Things look fine, but I am a novice with with. Never had a problem to
> diagnose before.
>
> Help appreciated!

No idea what Beaver is.  Did Ubuntu wrap the alphabet or something?

Files in /etc/init.d don't really do anything unless there is a link
to them from /etc/rc#.d for the runlevel, assuming the system is using
runlevels.  If it uses systemd then it might do it based on other
conditions, or use a .service file instead.

--
Len Sorensen