[GTALUG] cheap colour printing with a privacy issue

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Mon Mar 26 13:22:41 EDT 2018

On 2018-03-26 10:45 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> <http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-ca-hp-envy-4520-wireless-all-one-printer-mobile-printing-w-free-hp-instant-ink-plan-39-91-2180616/>
[snip]
> This device is qualified for free ink for life at the rate of 15 pages per
> month.

Only 15 pages in an entire month? That is barely 1 page every 2 days. If
someone is using the printer as their main one they would easily exceed that
number of pages in a month.

I wonder how much they charge for ink cartridges and how many pages you are
supposed to be able to print with each cartridge?

BTW, the regular price for the printer is supposedly $70 from Amazon or $100
at Staples.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/                | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.html/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                      | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172           |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>      |             --Chris Hardwick