[GTALUG] Which JavaScript should I learn?

Antonio Sun tlugys.ats at spamgourmet.com
Tue Mar 13 17:51:18 EDT 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 2:41 AM, ted leslie via talk - talk at gtalug.org
wrote:

> Depends on what app is...

Agree, and if you don't know which of the gazillions to choose from, start
with the most popular one, which is,

NodeJS + ES6,

then add more if required, (e.g., React).

Just that, whatever you choose, don't go anywhere near that "popular"
Typescript. See the recent blog on it --
https://blog.chatie.io/2018/03/09/can-typescript-really-live-up-to-its-hype.html,
and make your own decision.

PS. If you especially want the app will be running on the browser, then
most probably you'll be looking at Angular. I personally don't like Angular
though, for no reason one could say, or for all the reasons that others
blogged about it. If I'm to recommend one alternative, check out the dart
and flutter at the end of that  recent blog.