[GTALUG] Hello and GnuPG/PGP key signing parties

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj at sergiodj.net
Sat Mar 10 15:53:15 EST 2018

On Friday, March 09 2018, Rouben via talk wrote:

> I’m a newbie to this list. The name is Rouben Tchakhmakhtchian; I’ve been a
> Linux user since about 1998 (dabbled with it a bit before that). I’m
> currently working at UofT in IT, and am still a die-hard open source
> enthusiast.
>
> I was wondering, does the GTALUG community still organize GPG key signing
> events? If not, I would also like to know how much interest there would be
> in such an event.

Hi Rouben,

I sent an e-mail recently about doing a keysigning party at the next
meeting, which will be on the 13th.  One more person manifested
interest, and now you also said you would like to do it.  That's great.
I think we should look for each other during the next meeting (or maybe
do an announcement after the meeting is over but before going to the
pub?) and do the signings.

As has been said already, each person who is interested in getting their
keys signed MUST bring paper slips containing information about their
keys (on Debian GNU/*, you can install the "signing-party" package,
which comes with the "gpg-key2ps" tool), and a government piece of
identification (if you can bring two pieces, even better).

We can do the signing either in the classroom or in the pub, whatever is
more convenient.

Cheers,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36