[GTALUG] debian Linux -- Installation DVDs Full Set - Shipped To Canadian Destination ??

Antonio Sun tlugys.ats at spamgourmet.com
Mon Mar 5 16:30:42 EST 2018

 Remember Lennart's comment?

Debian is not 3 DVD images.  It is 14 DVD images or 3 BD images.
> About 60GB total for the images.

The installation disk *might *be 3 DVD images, then you'll face the massive
update requirement/problem I pointed out earlier, which you need all the
above 14 DVDs to overcome.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 11:04 AM, Clifford Ilkay via talk wrote:

> Solution: install at friend's house. Updates are still going to be an
> issue, though most updates tend not to be more than a few megs.

Yep, agree, that's the *only *viable/practical choice.

Everything else will give you more trouble than you'd ask for, and no one
can help, because no one does in those ways.