[GTALUG] debian Linux -- Installation DVDs Full Set - Shipped To Canadian Destination ??

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Sat Mar 3 12:20:23 EST 2018

On 2018-03-03 09:45 AM, Steve Petrie, P.Eng. via talk wrote:
> Probably�true that dial-up under Linux will be fiddly as heck ...

In my early days of using Linux I had used dial-up for Internet access. I
also wrote information in a book about how I had set things up so I could
reference the should I need it again.

I have notes from 1995 about how I configured Linux to access the network of
the company I was working at via dial-up using pppd. I have notes from
October of 1996 where things had changed and the way to get a PPP link via
dial-up in Linux 2.0 was using dip.

It has been a long time since I last used dial-up. I don't know if dip is
still the way to get dial-up network access or if there is something newer
available.

pppd and dip will give you something to research. The GUI configuration
tools might have options that will make setting up dial-up easy. If not, I
can type up some of my notes for you of what I did back in the day.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.