[GTALUG] debian Linux -- Installation DVDs Full Set - Shipped To Canadian Destination ??

Steve Petrie, P.Eng. apetrie at aspetrie.net
Sat Mar 3 09:45:30 EST 2018

See below.

Steve

----- Original Message -----
  From: Lennart Sorensen
  To: Steve Petrie, P.Eng. ; GTALUG Talk
  Cc: Giles Orr
  Sent: Friday, March 02, 2018 11:24 AM
  Subject: Re: [GTALUG] debian Linux -- Installation DVDs Full Set - Shipped To Canadian Destination ??

  On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 10:25:16AM -0500, Steve Petrie, P.Eng. via talk wrote:
  > Many thanks to the many helpful responders !!
  >
  > Too many for me to thank individually ...

  <snip>

  > 5. Thanks also for the cautionary advice re: dial-up modem on Linux. I did some research earlier, but of course the proof will be in the actual attempt to use the modem :) I do plan to upgrade to a faster (and dedicated) Internet link !! Just wanted to try first with the dial-up modem. Trying to simplify my life by postponing the networking upgrade. And also out of plain perverse curiosity, more than anything else.

  Nothing could simplify life more than avoiding dial-up.

  --
  Len Sorensen
Probably true that dial-up under Linux will be fiddly as heck ... But if I give up on dial-up under debian Linux without a fight, then I won't be the same rabidly independent Windows XP "orphan" outlier, migrating to Linux instead of Windows 10 ...